- I have an external data model instead of my ad-hoc STA data formats. Maintenance becomes an order of magnitude easier.
- I can submit STA transit data to Google to include Spokane Transit with Google Transit's trip planner.
- Once I start importing street GIS data from OpenStreetMap, it becomes possible for other transit systems to run on my trip planner.
- I can import data from agencies that make their Google feeds public, like Portland's TriMet.
- I can market my trip planner to the few and possibly growing number of agencies that do Google Transit, but don't have their own trip planner. They get a trip planner for only the cost of the software, since they already put together the data (which is the expensive part).
I can use standard GTFS tools to view and manipulate STA transit data. Like schedule_viewer: